Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_16_] Doug[_16_] is offline

Default Plumber's putty as a sealant?

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:57:57 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 12:21:33 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 09:41:45 -0800 (PST), Novel8
wrote:

I am going to install a vanity marble top with sink onto my vanity after I take off the old, naturally. I have lots of plumber's putty which i know i can use on the faucet drain, but could i also use it as a sealant to my vanity?

I think they sell specific caulking for this job. I would not use
plumber's putty for this because I think it's too soft and would
eventually ooze out. You could ask a Lowe's or HomeDepot what product
they recommend.

Better yet, ask someone who actually works with and knows the marble
top you are working with.

Of course if he knows that person.