Mary Fisher

Default Boiler suits for the female figure

"Roger Mills" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"BillR" wrote in message
Never mind the ladies, I can't wear a boiler suit of any size.
I'm not fat but tall and the distance between the shoulders and gusset

on
all the suits I've tried is 2-3" too short.
The consequence is that the sensitive parts would be pulled up hard by

the
gusset, very uncomfortable ... :-(

You could make an insert round the waist.

Sorted!

Mary

But he's probably better at welding steel than sewing fabric!

It sounds like an excuse to me, where there's a will there's a way.

In our household Spouse does all the welding, brazing, soldering etc. He
also does all the machine sewing.

I do all the hand sewing and none of the mechanical stuff. That's what men
are for.

The tall poster could easily cut a straight line through the boiler suit
(with gas if he prefers, and a water spray) and then stitch a straight piece
in, with very large stitches. It's not haute couture after all.

Though if the boiler suit is made in a man made fibre - most of them are in
my experience - he could do a welding job on it.

Or use sticky backed fabric which doesn't even need stitching. Vylene it's
called.

Hope this helps.

Mary VBG

Roger