Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Double bass transducer problem

What is the likely cause of this problem.
Just as well I keep repair records as I met this amp 5 years ago with the
same untraceable fault. Owner and me had forgotten it re-appeared when he
used the bass with a different bass amp.
Previously reported as a fuzzy sound when he used the bass E string. This
time just playing the F on the bass E string , a rattly buzz, like a spiral
wound guitar string vibrating against a fret and loss of the actual F note.
I've not seen the bass or transducer , assuming its a piezo element - make
Ashworth transducers, what could cause this symptom, disappearing for 4
years? Both bass and amp have been around the world a few times on cruise
ships so perhaps excessive heat or humidity