Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Nat gas pressure drop vs. pipe length

On Jan 9, 9:38*pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:
wrote in message

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 22:48:51 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 21:37:17 -0600, "NotMe" wrote:

"Existential Angst" wrote in message

OK, took delivery of a 15,000 W tri-fuel generator, with a Honda GX690
motor, 690 cc, about 22 hp.
Couldn't get it to run off propane, cuz

Question can you run the gen set with a very short supply line? *I ask as
the problem may not be the line from the outlet to the gen set but the
line
and any regulation from the utility at the street than anything you have
provided.

A friend built himself a furnace to cast bronze parts. *Found out the
utility had installed restriction for a standard *house that would not
feed
the furnace.

If he has a nat gas furnace he should have all the flow he needs to
run the gen.
And going with 1" vs 3/4" is only going to cost maybe 20-30 bucks
more.

*My house has Nat Gas furnace - and water heater - not range or drier
If I wanted to put in one of those insane tankless water heaters AND a
range and drier, I would need a bigger meter and inlet line.

Insane just about sums those things up.
Can you imagine if EVERYONE had one of those things, gas or electric?
They'd have to re-do the whole infrastructure of the city!
Doubtful that they save an iota of energy, altho it would be nice to see
objective data.
Would make a good thread. *Could crosspost to alt.hvac, and see what those
greedy asshole prima donnas have to say. *LOL
--
EA

They save a lot of fuel. Because they are only on for a few minutes,
they are not likely all to be on at once.
They are very common in the UK, don't cause any problem.