Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Damn... dropped it

"woodchucker" wrote in message

John, didn't you just replace that switch not too long ago, or needed
info on wiring it???

John, seems like too many things went wrong during their time there.
Was there a little devil in the group?

Let's see
Forrest blade 134
Switch 50-200
Plane $425
New tire $30

you had a very expensive day....

The project took me about 220 hours spread over a number of months... Much
of it I worked on alone. It's the same switch as discussed about a year ago.
During the project before that it was giving me grief. Once I got into this
project it was worse. After cleaning it with contact cleaner, adjusting it,
etc. it still didn't work so I replaced it. The plane accident happened near
the end of the project.

As I recall the switch was $150 so yes it was an expensive project. However,
the tire and switch failures during the project were a coincidence. They
could have failed on the next project or the project after that... so they
don't count against the project! I believe I can fix the plane to full
function even if it doesn't have that "factory" look any more.

John