Fly-by-Night CC

Default "Flashed" oak

In article ,
"Swingman" wrote:

Probably bigger here in Texas ... BUT, it is a Mexican holiday, not an
American one, and still only a "marketing gimmick" in the latter ... at
least until we start celebrating Bastille day too, out of political
correctness.

Hahahaha. Name a US holiday that *isn't* a marketing gimmick? About the
only ones I can think of are MLK and Veteran's Days - and the later may
be slipping into the muck.

As to a Mexican holiday vs. a US holiday, I'd question St. Patrick's
again. Didn't happen here; was brought here and observed by Irish
Catholic immigrants. Same thing will likely happen with Cinco & Mexican
immigrants as well.

http://www.flybynightcoppercompany.com
http://www.easystreet.com/~onlnlowe/index.html