Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:27:02 +0000, tony sayer wrote:

He couldn't, nay did not, have any idea at all on how to convert bar
to PSI!..

TBH I'd have to go back to first principles and I'm not certain what a
"bar" actually is, 1 newton/square meter, naw that's way to small...
kilo newton/square meter? But even then I don't know the exact
conversion factor for kgf to pounds, it's about 2.2 but is that good
enough?

One bar is the same as 1000 mb or standard air pressure at sea level
the same as 14.50 PSI...

Except that the "Standard Atmosphere"(*) is 1013.25 mb or a tad under
14.7 psi... but that still doesn't tell me what a bar *is* in base units
of x newtons per square metre. My 14.5 times table isn't that good
either. B-)

As for my 2.2, it's actually 2.204662 so, for this, 2.2 is "good enough".

(*) Except that there are quite a few "standard atmospheres" to choose
from. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.