Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Hurricane Sandy damage assistance

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:34:12 -0500, wrote:

You have no idea how much raising the entire area to an elevation that would
protect the city would cost do you? Hint: the bean counters had a heart
attack when folk wanted the levees, along, built up to that level.

Yes I do but they have raised vast areas in Florida above flood level
with dump trucks. NOLA has the advantage of the river and barges.
Trust me,m it is chump change compared to what Katrina cost and what
the next one will cost. That assumes lives are free.

This all gets complicated in my mind. The Army Corps of Engineers
(COE) have messed up many projects. The *******s have all but killed
the natural flow of the Everglades. spit

They can't fix NOLA at a cheap cost. Let the river take over.

Billions were promised decades ago to reclaim the Everglades. Not a
damn thing happened. spit again