Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default more of why I can't use my name

-MIKE- wrote in
:

On 1/8/13 3:41 PM, Han wrote:
I don't understand that policy. It should be illegal. Because by
extension, they could force you to vote for a particular political
candidate. Or at least you would be prohibited from
voicing any opinion in favor of a candidate who is opposed to
anything the company likes, or from
voicing any opinion against a candidate who is in favor of something
the company likes.
Has to be illegal.

Sound like a Union, Han. :-p

What woodchucker relates about his company sounds likes intellectual
slavery - suppression of free speech. Don't misunderstand me, there are
laws against slander, and as a supervisor I would definitely take into
account what a person says about company, coworkers etc. But stifling
constructive criticism is just stupid.

I have been lucky in my professional life that my direct supervisor was
always very supportive. Which didn't hold me back from saying things
when I thought he was wrong. (Sometimes needing to use "reverse
psychology" to get my points across).

No one here would say I never say stupid things grin.

--
Best regards
Han