Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 16:01:51 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
That .. Ought to be part of the driving test. A simple job that every
driver, unless of course physically disabled from doing so, should have
that competency......

Personally, I think a requirement of using a motorway should be having
tow-off cover in case of breakdown.

IIRC, no need. If you use one of the phones, the operator will arrange it
for you.

Unless you have an immediate solution like a recovery service or your
favourite garage can get you off in a reasonable time don't you just
get removed to the nearest place of safety? Which could be the nearest
service area ,from which it can be expensive to be towed further from
as they won't let any old Tom Dick and Harry to access the compound
plus parking charges.

G.Harman