Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:02:41 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

At one time you had to carry many tires and tyre levers.
I expect these people thought the end of the world was nigh when spare
wheels were invented.

If you're going to try to make a point, at least make sure the point
actually exists.

In days of yore, tyres were so poor that most cars carried several
spare tyres plus of course a chauffeur to change them.
Once again,your ignorance shows.

A lot of modern tyres wouldn't fare very well on Edwardian roads
either. The amount of horse traffic about meant the roads were
littered with nails thrown from horseshoes as they wore.
couple that with road surfaces that were not as well sealed as most
roads today that gave refuge for all those nails to lurk its not
surprising there were frequent punctures.
Same thing happens today when untidy tradesman allow the contents of
boxes of nails ,cable clips,screws etc to accumulate on the load beds
of their vans where they percolate through the damaged seals of the
distorted back doors. One untidy ******* can damage a string of cars
in his wake.

G.Harman