Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

In article
,
harry wrote:
On Jan 8, 3:50 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 23:31:11 -0800 (PST), harry

wrote:
At one time you had to carry many tires and tyre levers.
I expect these people thought the end of the world was nigh when spare
wheels were invented.

If you're going to try to make a point, at least make sure the point
actually exists.

In days of yore, tyres were so poor that most cars carried several
spare tyres plus of course a chauffeur to change them.

The chauffeur's job was to heat the engine before the owner wanted to use
to ensure it started. It's a French word, btw.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18