Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On 08/01/2013 20:14, dennis@home wrote:
On 08/01/2013 19:19, polygonum wrote:

Last puncture (more like a complete shredding) was on a *very* steep
hill, an extremely narrow road, and nowhere an ordinary jack could be
located (ground unsuitable and car too heavy to move). So having a spare
wheel only became useful when a recovery service came out with a
suitable jack. 10 or 20 minutes was actually more like an hour or two.

Tyre shredded too much to drive to somewhere suitable?

My last puncture was in the roadworks on the M6 in rush hour.
I just decided it wasn't worth trying to save the tyre and drove to the
end where I could get on the hard shoulder and then got the AA to change
it.

I think the hundreds of motorists that i saved from an hours delay
should have bought me a new tyre. ;-)

Sorry - didn't explain sufficiently. Shredded as in totally shredded.
Ribbons of tyre wall between tread and wheel rim. It had ripped against
sharp rocks. And on a very steep hill so that the idea of trying to even
roll gently was dangerous.

(No - I was not the one driving at the time.)

--
Rod