Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_16_] Doug[_16_] is offline

Default Heating Gasoline in a Microwave

On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 04:13:14 -0800 (PST), Robert
wrote:

On Jan 8, 2:47 am, wrote:
As unbelievable as it sounds, some program I saw on tv, showed a guy put
a gasoline can in a microwave, and turn the MW on. About a minute later
the house exploded. The good part is that it shows the house explode,
so most people would not do it, but the bad part is that it gives
criminals ahd mentally deranged people another means of destruction.
Then we wonder why we have all these shootings and other forms of
violence. I dont know what the program was, because I was not really
watching the tv, I often just have it on when I'm working on stuff, but
I saw it, and thought that was a real stupid thing to show on tv.

Obviolusly this was just "Staged", probably an empty gas can and
nonworking microwave, but if that was actually done, it could explode
instantly if there was even a small amount of vapors leaking out of the
can.

That sounds really cool !!!

Could it have been "Mythbusters", testing some urban legend ??

If it was, it was a valid demonstration, since they try to
do the right thing.......

I'm not willing to destroy a working microwave to test this, but
I'd really like to know if it works....

That sounds funny to me... I'd be more worried about the house than
the microwave but okay... different strokes for different folks g.