Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a better way to remove a poison oak plant than with a chainsaw?

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:05:32 AM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
then when it begins to regrow, herbicide it heavily. i had great success on poision ivy by mixing 50% roundup with 50% poision ivy killer... they wilted by the next morning and just died... either seperately was not effective

Roundup has worked fine for me. The plants take about a week to die, but that gives time to get the poison through the system and kill it all. When they die the next day I don't get the root.