Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert[_18_] Robert[_18_] is offline

Default How to cut into existing sprinkler pipe

On Jan 8, 9:32 am, DD_BobK wrote:

There are "pressure rated" snap Tees & non-pressure rated ones.

I only buy & use the pressure rated ones.
I've never used them on supply lines, only on sprinkler lines.

The snap Tees I linked to snap over the pipe for a "more than 180
degree" fit.
Keep your fingers & skin on your hand out of the way.... they can
pinch.
No need for secondary clamps.

I've made test assemblies & pressure tested to 110 psi (water pressure
at work) ... they held!

Using snap Tees to add a sprinkler head or tie into a sprinkler line
makes a messy / time consuming job a breeze.

Toro makes them & Home Depot (in SoCal) used to carry generic ones.
The Toro ones at Ace Hardware are ridiculously expensive.
The ones on line are so cheap that I use them exclusively to lay out
new sprinkler circuits.
I just place & glue up the pipe and come back after the fact placing
the snap Tees.

The only potential problem is drilling out the pipe wall.
I use a collar stop on the drill bit to avoid damaging the pipe wall
opposite the snap Tee.

cheers
Bob

Thanks for the info. I never knew such things existed, and I'm going
to get a couple just to try out.