Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default more of why I can't use my name

On 1/8/2013 6:56 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 1/8/2013 7:07 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
-MIKE- wrote in
:

It's so funny to see employers try to word their bull**** with legalize
to try to make sound all official and legal. A lot of it is not. An
"extension of the workplace?" What complete bull****. They can say what
they want, it doesn't make it legal and it's doesn't supersede your 1st
amendment rights.

The First Amendment constrains the government, not the private sector,
and it is *not* a
violation of the employee's First Amendment rights for a *private*
employer to muzzle (or
attempt to) the employee's speech, whether in or out of the workplace.

I believe the employer has the Right to terminate an employee if the
employer believes that the employee has done something to harm the
company. I believe it would be up to the court to decide if the
specific action harmed the company.

In a right to work state, "like Texas" the employer can fire you if you
enter the building with your right foot entering before your left foot.

Having said that it is likely his unemployment taxes would go up as a
result, if the terminated employee files for unemployment, however he
can fire any one for any reason.