Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rediscovering the Wheel, repeatedly

On 1/7/2013 11:21 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/7/2013 10:23 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
As soon as we clean out a kitchen cabinet and get rid of some stuff we
never use, SWMBO fills it with other stuff like it exists in a vacuum.
It's OK to have some space in there! The thing I hate the most is having
a bunch of different sized bowls stacked inside each other, like Russian
dolls. Or any other case of having to remove 7 items to get out the 1
you're using.

Yep, that's a bone of contention around here ... that, and putting
things back where they belong in the kitchen (hate it when I burn a roux
because I have to go through a *dozen kitchen drawers for something
that's not in the drawer where it was last time).

And the four hundred plastic containers, none with a lid that fits,
ranks right up there.

You can appreciate the thought that I shared with Kim a couple of night
ago. You can also probably imagine the look I got which also comes with
the VETO stamp.

I suggested eliminating the drawer above the "plastic stuff" cabinet.
Make that drawer front into a hinged opening to expose a chute to the
"plastic stuff" cabinet directly below.

For me this would eliminate the routine of opening the cabinet door and
tossing in the "plastic stuff" and closing the door before something
else falls out.

Why is it that the "plastic stuff" always has to be dried off after
being taken from the dishwasher. Only occasionally does anything else
have to be dried off. Why is it that "plastic stuff" never stays
stacked like everything else?