Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:30:05 PM UTC, Muddymike wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:48:59 AM UTC, Tim Watts wrote:

On Tuesday 08 January 2013 01:54 brass monkey wrote in uk.d-i-y:

WTF is a spare wheel?

A useful thing cars used to have...

But just how useful, sure on cars where it was needed but on todays cars.

Do you remmeber the days when you had to have someone walk in front of your

car carry/waving a flag. They were necessary too in them days. ;-)

So what do you do when you get a puncture miles from anywhere with no mobile

telephone signal?

Same thing I'd do if I ran out of petrol or the engine blew up or anything else went wrong I couldn't fix.
Not that I drive but I do believe there are services out there that chareg an anual fee to do that sort of thing.

Mike