Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro_uk[_2_] Jethro_uk[_2_] is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:24:15 +0000, tony sayer wrote:

Most people don't even make any attempt to grasp the rudiments of
anything vaguely technical or ... anything at all really

Other than me and the missus, I can't think of anyone else in our
immediate family, who would have the vaguest notion how to put the spare
wheel onto their car. I would be surprised if they actually knew where
to find it, or the jack and tools even ...

Arfa

That .. Ought to be part of the driving test. A simple job that every
driver, unless of course physically disabled from doing so, should have
that competency......

Personally, I think a requirement of using a motorway should be having
tow-off cover in case of breakdown.