Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Remote controlled sockets instead of low level lighting circuit.Recommendations?

On 06/01/2013 08:09, Charlie wrote:
I have bottled out of installing a low level wall lighting circuit in
the lounge so thought I'd use remote plug sockets instead. Has anyone
got a recommendation for ones which have pretty innocuous plug
sockets and have a wall mounted switch option?

Thanks

Charlie

If you've got an iPhone...

Belkin WeMo Switch
Puts your home electronics at your fingertips.

Belkin's WeMo Switch and its companion app use your home Wi-Fi network
to let you turn electronic devices on or off from your iPhone, iPad or
iPod touch wherever you are.

Works with your existing Wi-Fi router
Modular system – add more WeMo switches any time
Control as many or as few devices as you want
Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile Internet, at home and away
Intuitive, easy setup and use
Put your home electronics on a schedule

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H7...in-wemo-switch

No idea if available for any other platforms.

--
Rod