Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What do you call it

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 23:33:22 -0600, Doug
wrote:

Someone else's post made me think of this of which I completely forgot
about. When I was a kid living on Long Island, my dad installed a
Dutch door as our rear door along with a storm door. I've never seen
this type door since and I've seen a lot of homes. Has anyone else
seen this type door and where? I was wondering if its common in NY
or such area.

Last I was too young to really think about it then but I wonder now
why he or anyone for that matter might want this type door? I'm
guessing since I never saw one again, they aren't practical. Correct?

Now that you mention it. . . . . I've not seen one for years.

They were practical year ago, mot so much today. It is a bit more
difficult to secure them compared to a standard door. They are needed
less now that we have air conditioning.