Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The DOW is on track to break 14000 this year !

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
For those that didn't read it, short form - using 1900 as a base
year, and adjusting for inflation - the Dow is in the sub 500s.

After I started out at a menial factory job (for experience; I moved
up fast into engineering) my father was recounting how rough he had it
as a kid in the rural South. I asked him to convert those pitiful
wages into time. It turned out we both worked equally as long to earn
the cost of a shirt or loaf of bread. For many decades a new car cost
5 months average salary.
jsw