Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace squeaks when it turns off

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 21:29:37 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

How old you figure, in dog years?

Old enough to not have a recoil starter. Similar to the one at;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozO_MK6JJCM, but square tank and no
recoil.. My guess? sicties.

Don't tell me, you're backfeeding?

Technically, perhaps, but with my old panel it's foolproof. I can
only connect to 2 different circuits - - and it cannot backfeed to any
other circuits . It involves pull-out fuse blocks on an old
ammalgamated panel. When I put in a new breaker panel I'll have to
re-engineer things.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

wrote in message
.. .

That's what the old Onan single lunger out in the garage is for. If
the power is out long enough to get dangerously cold inside, I go out
and connect the Onan and start pulling on the (non recoil) rope
starter. I'll get warmed up, even if the genny doesn't start and I
don't get the furnace running... The thing is definitely old enough to
vote - I doubt it's older than be, but it could be pretty close. I've
got a disconnect in the garage that lets me tap into the furnace
circuit in the winter and the freezer/fridge i n the summer.