Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default How to cut into existing sprinkler pipe

"Oren" wrote

Look again. Slide the tee, not the pipe. Better be ready when the glue
sets...

That fitting wants you to glue four places, hurry, hurry, hurry

They say to prefit it, so there must be some sliding room, as with PVC, it's
not easy to get those things off once they're in there, glue or not. I can
see how it would work with it sliding both ways, and that's what I figured,
but to me, the diagram was ambiguous.

That PVC glue is unforgiving, and not meant to be changed once it sets.
Like fiberglass hardener.

GUNK! Hard. Your paintbrush will be sticking out of the can.

Steve