Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Rediscovering the Wheel, repeatedly

On 1/7/13 2:22 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 1/7/2013 11:34 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
I have 3 drum sets and I use each for different gigs/sessions. I don't
have the space to keep cases and hardware for all three, so a lot of
those things get shared.
The drum room is even more crowded than the shop. Each is two sides of a
(previously) 2 car garage. A previous owner converted one side into a
little den area (drum room).

Sounds like a problem that could be solved (or at least improved)
through woodworking. You can get a heck of a lot of drums in a cabinet
whose shelves are numerous and just the right distance apart. Or you
could scrap the whole lot and go electronic.

The shelves are in place.
That other comment will be ignored because of my new year resolution to
be nicer.
My resolutions last about a week, you you just made the deadline. :-)

There's very little space in the drum room to get kits ready for travel,
so it generally spills out into the shop. I also have to load out drums
though the shop, out its garage door to the van/car.

That's one of the nice things about the "Keyboard Armoire"; it's
attractive enough that it doesn't need to be hidden in a part of the
house that's hard to get to. There were years that my gear went out and
came back in 100 times (a number that would have been higher if I hadn't
just left the equipment in the car between closely-spaced gigs) so it
saved me a great deal of work. I highly recommend the idea.

Rest of the house has steps. Worse problem. :-)
If I really wanted to waste some money, I'd use a cartage service and
not haul anything.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)