George

Default "Flashed" oak

If you think "Hispanic" means Mexican, I guess you have a point. It
celebrates the defeat of Maximilian's forces in 1862, by those loyal to
Diaz. St Patrick's feast day is more or less the same as any other Saint's
day- a religious occasion - which, by the way, Kwanzaa isn't. It was made
up as an "in your less than black" face substitute for Christmas or
Chanukah, which were considered as "white."

http://www.officialkwanzaawebsite.org/ can end your speculation.

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news

Would you consider St. Patrick's Day as a traditional American holiday?
When does a religious or ethnic observance become widespread tradition?
I'm not that familiar with Kwanza and how long those of African descent
in the US have observed it, but as for Cinco de Mayo, it's been long
celebrated by the Hispanic community. As that segment of the population
nears the point of the majority I'm certain we'll be adding Cinco de
Mayo to the calendars of nationally observed holidays on par with St.
Paddy's.