Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On 2013-01-07, geoff wrote:
In message , tim.....
writes

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
That Irish guy, if you mean Science club. I watched the first one and
thought, a bit infantile this, and watched the second one and it was
even more rubbishy. Surely there is more knowledge out there than
what he spouts. Its like going back to the Junior school.

Oh, I quite liked it

The truth of the matter is that we have a country that is so dumbed down
that he has to aim at the lowest common denominator and people seem
embarrassed at any display of scientific knowledge or intelligence. Dara
seems to be someone who is bucking the trend - good luck to him

Quite. I suspect the agenda of the show is to try and show that science
isn't as geeky as most of the public think.

But they already had a good show in that respect. It was called Tomorrow's
World (I was on it once .... )

Arfa

Selling burgers?