Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

I like Dara and the show was passably interesting.
If you didn't mind it being dumbed down for 11 years olds,

Now look at this and ask yourself whether in today's BBC such a show
would even be contemplated. let alone made..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGwSe0ZptV0

You obviously didn't see this series of lectures on BBC4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00y4y46

They do exist, from time to time

well no, because if there is one thing investigating morality shows
you, its that its a false concept.

Ah, but each lecture was taking on morality from the viewpoint of
different philosophers and a different standpoint.

But - just an example of how there are challenging programs out there
from time to time

just ... not very often

--
geoff