Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Well if he can raise the bar, but at the moment I feel that the bar has
not left the ground yet. Mind you I'm flabbergasted by the lack of
knowledge in average people of under 30 years. IE not knowing that planets
and stars are different or which planets are gaseous and which rocky and
which have no atmosphere etc.

Also not understanding the rudiments of how electricity works and how
transformers work. There are very simple books on these concepts and we
were taught them as a matter of course.

I'm not convinced that most managed to absorb them tho.

I had one silly cow who is a tad older than me proclaim
that it was crucial to take the batterys out of a battery
powered radio of hers that I was having a look at for
her, so I wouldn’t electrocute myself in the process.

And that wasn’t one of the dinosaur valve radios either.

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , tim.....
writes

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
That Irish guy, if you mean Science club. I watched the first one and
thought, a bit infantile this, and watched the second one and it was
even more rubbishy. Surely there is more knowledge out there than what
he spouts. Its like going back to the Junior school.

Oh, I quite liked it

The truth of the matter is that we have a country that is so dumbed down
that he has to aim at the lowest common denominator and people seem
embarrassed at any display of scientific knowledge or intelligence. Dara
seems to be someone who is bucking the trend - good luck to him

--
geoff