Larry Blanchard

Default Salt and vinegar for rust removal

In article ,
says...
Ditto! All I can say is that the presence of ions in solution, ionic
strength, does definitely affect how species in solution react. Maybe there
is some physical chemistry website or ng you can visit and ask this
question. I'd be interested to know, too!

Wow! I didn't mean to start such a learned discussion :-). My
knowledge of chemistry is limited to making various explosive
compounds, learned long ago in my juvenile days. And lately, I
think I've forgotten most of that - CRS seting in :-).

But what I meant by "ask a chemist" is that a friend of mine who
is a chemist said that the vinegar and salt combined to form a
weak hydrochloric acid. I took his word for it.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?