Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Microwave Quit heating

wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 00:59:12 +0000 (UTC), gregz
wrote:

Most of the time the diode shorts or cap, or transformer shorts. I think
with no load, the transformer still sucks a lot of power. There should be
small resistance between magnetron terminals, on heater. Always discharge
cap !!! If it's simple like diode, replace part, but you will spend too
much on other parts except cap.

If yo want full info, check out science repair FAQ. Microwave ovens.

http://zekfrivolous.com/faq/sam/micfaq.htm

Greg

That is quite an article. It seems to have everything anyone would ever
want to know about fixing a microwave. I have not read all of it, but
I've already learned a lot.

One thing, the article has invalid links. I suppose they are old.

Both links here (Below) are obsolete -

*Microtech maintains a web site with a large amount of information on
microwave oven repair including an on-line

*Tech Tips Database with hundreds of solutions to common problem for
many models of microwave ovens. There are also an extensive list

Tec tips used to be very popular with things, like monitors, vcrs, etc.
I'll see if I remember to send Sam a note. All the mirror sites should have
the same edition, Including mine.

Epoxy paint should work well, with prep.

I've installed mechanical timers before. Some people like them better.

Greg