Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:49:14 PM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message

o.uk...

wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

when Tandy were over here, you got a free battery when you spent

over a certain amount.

But that was back in the day when if you left batteries in any unused

equipment for more than a few weeks they leaked and wrecked the equipment.

No it wasn't. There were leak proof batterys even then.

Doesn't mean they didn;t leak.
I have a number of leaking duracells here, well maybe it's not classed as leaking but an incrustation of white powerder isn't for sprinking on chips or snorting at parties.