Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

Brian Gaff wrote:
Hmm, well, I liked Tandy I have to say, Unlike Maplin they had people who
know their stuff and they also sold hi fi that was pretty good, if a little
flambouyant at times. all made to a high standard and by companies you had
heard of, though rebadged as realistic.

Tandy were rather too keen on selling a single diode in an A6 blisterpack
and asking a quid for it. I used to go in for the purpose of laughing at
the prices. Which isn't too far different from the way Maplin is today, in
fact.

Theo