Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 00:45:21 +0000, geoff wrote:

That Irish guy, if you mean Science club. I watched the first one and
thought, ...

I almost didn't get past the opening sequence due to poor sound. 'orrible
pumping audience "noise".

... a bit infantile this, and watched the second one and it was
even more rubbishy. Surely there is more knowledge out there than
what he spouts. Its like going back to the Junior school.

I then fell asleep for most of it. B-) I don't think I missed much.
Will have to try an see the others that have been recorded but I don't
hold up much hope, it's filling the *last* clause from the BBC's
statement:

"Our mission - To enrich people's lives with programmes and services
that inform, educate and entertain."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/ins...ion_and_values

The truth of the matter is that we have a country that is so dumbed
down that he has to aim at the lowest common denominator and people
seem embarrassed at any display of scientific knowledge or
intelligence.

Agreed, Junior School science, for those with little brain.

Dara seems to be someone who is bucking the trend - good luck to him

Well as a former(?) comedian I guess he ticks the entertain box.

--
Cheers
Dave.