Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default What bench grinder?

[the 8"(6?) dual wheel grinder I got at Harbor Freight for about $40
is one of my *few* dissapointments from them- It is powerless- the
stand is nice, though]

No one has mentioned this, so I will take a poke.

The stand.

Should you be able, a bench is a very good mount, although it limits
accessibility to the wheels a little. Maybe even make an arm that sticks
out from the bench if you need more accessibility to the wheels. If you
have to make a stand, make it substantial, and anchored to the floor with
red heads or similar. Unless you do very light work that requires only a
slight touch, DO NOT use a tire or similar stand, unless it is a substantial
piece of plate with some weight. Sooner or later, you will find out how
tippy it is. DAMHIKT!

OOPS .......... whoa there..........

Steve