Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wolfgang Allinger[_2_] Wolfgang Allinger[_2_] is offline

Default I broke my laptop

On 06 Jan 13 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article
(Jeff Liebermann) wrote:

On 06 Jan 2013 15:22:00 -0400,
(Wolfgang Allinger)
wrote:

And I have here in PY a T30 which died one year ago because a bad
(flexing) mobo. The best notebook, I ever owned. So I didn`t burried
it

I agree. It's a good machine.

Maybe you can transplant some parts to revieve one of the both T30.

The intermittent motherboard is caused by the BGA chips coming
unsoldered from the MB.

I know

It can be fixed crudely with a hot air SMT
desoldering station, or more correctly with a BGA reballing kit.

I`ve baked it two times in my oven, it works for some month. But I gave
up, to bake it a third time. The baking tips I found somewhere in IBM HW
forums. But it takes just a hour to dismantle it and seal all critical
places with alu-foil... and then another hour to fix it all. Ok, the
second time was a bit quicker.

Anyhow I now have two German NB with bulky 17", no IBM quality, but good
enough for me. Also I miss the T30 a little bit...

Saludos (an alle Vernünftigen, Rest sh. sig)
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Allinger, anerkannter Trollallergiker reply Adresse gesetzt!
Ich diskutiere zukünftig weniger mit Idioten, denn sie ziehen mich auf