Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
There was a thing in the paper last week about this. The gist of it was
that the BBC wanted a pilot making (even though it was they had made
umpteen editions already, and it was the same writers), whereas Gold
were happy to commission it without a pilot, so they got the deal.

I can quite understand the BBC wanting to see a pilot episode. The
original series was so good due to a mixture of the cast and scripts. If
it were badly cast or the writing no longer 'in tune' with today it could
be a disaster. Like so many of these 'revived' shows.
Different when the BBC themselves made the prog from start to finish -
those responsible for commissioning a series could more easily keep an eye
on it during production.

--
*Forget the Joneses, I keep us up with the Simpsons.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.