Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On 06/01/2013 20:38, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

when Tandy were over here, you got a free battery when you spent
over a certain amount.

But that was back in the day when if you left batteries in any unused
equipment for more than a few weeks they leaked and wrecked the equipment.

Not all.

I remember an electronic game (a super version of Simon - twelve
buttons, in an 3 x 4 grid, lights and sounds) that I bought from Tandy
for my sister over 30 years ago. I bought a set of Tandy's own batteries
for it. It was played with frequently for a couple of years and finally
put away in a cupboard. Ten years later the thing was rediscovered and
was still working and still with the original batteries in it!

SteveW