Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
G.Ross G.Ross is offline

Default Delta 46-460 vs PSI Turncrafter Commander

Teejay wrote:
I'm considering upgrading to a new midi and have focused my search down to
the Delta 46-460 and Turncrafter Commander 12" Variable speed models. The
Jet 1220 Variable speed is a close third (I have a very old 1014 and love
it). I like the reversible feature of the Delta so it has a slight lead at
the moment.

I'd appreciate any comments from anyone with experience with one or both of
these lathes. Santa will no doubt bring one of them!

Also, in order to use the reversible feature with a Oneway Talon, do I need
to lock on the chuck in any way?

Thanks,

Tom in Howell, NJ

My Nova reversible has a chuck with a "setscrew" to tighten when using
the reverse turning feature. Seldom use the screw. Once when I did I
forgot about it and buggered up the threads some trying to get the chuck
off.

GW Ross