Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian[_9_] Adrian[_9_] is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Interested to note that Gold, which I gather can only be watched if you
cross some palms with silver and as I understand it is part owned by the BBC
has made a new series of Yes Prime Minister with original writers but of
course new cast. So I am feeling that we are going down the Sky route of all
first runs as pay to watch, and then the general free channels get it. After
all Discovery does it with Quest, which has all the stuff already run on the
pay channel.
Brian

There was a thing in the paper last week about this. The gist of it was
that the BBC wanted a pilot making (even though it was they had made
umpteen editions already, and it was the same writers), whereas Gold
were happy to commission it without a pilot, so they got the deal.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see: