Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

Arfa Daily :
The missus sent me round to the local Co-op to get her a box of 6
Cadbury Creme eggs - yeah, I know, but best to humour her ... :-)

"They're on offer at £1.52", she said. So I found said items, and
carried a box up to the till. On the counter was a box of 'loose' Creme
Eggs with another offer of '3 for £1'. The girl - not particularly
young - behind the till swiped my purchase and said "That's £1.52,
please". As I handed over the money, I nodded at the other offer, and
commented to her, "That's clever, £1.52 for a box of six, or three for
a quid ..." That stopped her in her tracks. "Oh !" she said. "Would you
like to swap them ?"

Reminds me of the time I asked how much the batteries were (this was
decades ago, before multipacks were so common, and batteries were priced
individually). He told me, they were 25p each. I said "I'll take half a
dozen". He frowned, bit his lip, stayed like that for a few seconds,
smiled, then said "That's six, isn't it?".

--
Mike Barnes