Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

No it will be a blind person obviously, no point in having anyone who can
look through a telescope.

Brian

Email:

"harry" wrote in message
On Jan 6, 4:35 pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
Did anyone see that dreadful 'quiz show' on BBC last night that they were
trying to pass off as entertainment ? Britain's Brightest or some such,
hosted by that horse-y commentator woman who should stick to what she
knows
? I was amazed that it seemed to be some really notable mental feat that
the
people taking part could actually spell and carry out simple mental maths
tasks at the sort of level that most of us would have been able to 40
years
ago. I accept that it's going to be a bit harder in a studio environment
and
all that, but even so ...

But following on from this is what made me really laugh today, and brought
it home to me that the people on that show probably really *do* represent
'Britain's Brightest'. The missus sent me round to the local Co-op to get
her a box of 6 Cadbury Creme eggs - yeah, I know, but best to humour her
:-)

"They're on offer at £1.52", she said. So I found said items, and carried
box up to the till. On the counter was a box of 'loose' Creme Eggs with
another offer of '3 for £1'. The girl - not particularly young - behind
the
till swiped my purchase and said "That's £1.52, please". As I handed over
the money, I nodded at the other offer, and commented to her, "That's
clever, £1.52 for a box of six, or three for a quid ..." That stopped her
in
her tracks. "Oh !" she said. "Would you like to swap them ?"

"Errr, no ...." said I. The woman behind me (a bit younger than me) was in
hysterics ...

As a separate aside, I see that Brian Cox is on the box this week doing
that
live star-gazing thing with the Irish guy again. Trying out for The Sky at
Night perhaps ... ? d ;-)

Arfa

It will be a bimbo. You watch.
Maybe even black, one legged and "gay".