Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. Well, I just had to laugh ...

On Sunday, January 6, 2013 4:35:27 PM UTC, Arfa Daily wrote:

Did anyone see that dreadful 'quiz show' on BBC last night that they were
trying to pass off as entertainment ? Britain's Brightest or some such,
hosted by that horse-y commentator woman who should stick to what she knows
? I was amazed that it seemed to be some really notable mental feat that the
people taking part could actually spell and carry out simple mental maths
tasks at the sort of level that most of us would have been able to 40 years
ago.

A quiz show featuring people that lack the brains to do something useful with their time, and featuring questions that had nothing at all to do with any sensible interpretation of intelligence, let alone high iq or anything in some way like it.

The missus sent me round to the local Co-op to get
her a box of 6 Cadbury Creme eggs - yeah, I know, but best to humour her ....
:-)
"They're on offer at £1.52", she said. So I found said items, and carried a
box up to the till. On the counter was a box of 'loose' Creme Eggs with
another offer of '3 for £1'. The girl - not particularly young - behind the
till swiped my purchase and said "That's £1.52, please". As I handed over
the money, I nodded at the other offer, and commented to her, "That's
clever, £1.52 for a box of six, or three for a quid ..." That stopped her in
her tracks. "Oh !" she said. "Would you like to swap them ?"
"Errr, no ...." said I. The woman behind me (a bit younger than me) was in
hysterics ...

Everyone's stupid at times, it doesn't necessarily mean they lack IQ. Her job's just to give the customer what they want, even when its a bit daft. Probably she just wasn't paying much attention.