Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Should the U.S. pull out of Chicago ?

On 1/6/2013 6:14 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

-snip-
Back when Giuliani was mayor, didn't he push zero tolerance for crime,
any crime? The police on the beat were stopping and frisking anyone who
looked like they might be up to something and this had many criminals
becoming reluctant to carry weapons on their person. It seems to me that
the practice may taught the police that it is a good way to discourage
criminal activity and something that is still going on despite all the
protests from criminal rights organizations. ^_^

I hope I remember all his points, but the current mayor recently
listed his thoughts on why violent crime in NY City was down.
1. We put cops where the crime is.
2. 'stop and frisk' lets folks know we're serious.
3. The penalty for carrying is 3 [4?] years and prosecutors are
reluctant to bargain on it.
4. There are easier places for criminals to do what they do.
[as someone who lives a couple hours north of the city, I can vouch
for that-- our cops are kept busy by the miscreants who flee the city
for easy pickin's in the small cities around us ]

Jim

I suppose it's natural behavior for predators to migrate to areas safer
for them and having easier access to prey. ^_^

TDD