Posted to uk.d-i-y
Charlie Charlie is offline

Default Remote controlled sockets instead of low level lighting circuit. Recommendations?

On Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:06:34 PM UTC, polygonum wrote:
On 06/01/2013 10:43, polygonum wrote:

On 06/01/2013 09:21, Adrian C wrote:

On 06/01/2013 08:09, Charlie wrote:

I have bottled out of installing a low level wall lighting circuit in

the lounge so thought I'd use remote plug sockets instead. Has anyone

got a recommendation for ones which have pretty innocuous plug

sockets and have a wall mounted switch option?

Not a recommendation from experience, but I recall something from

enOcean.

http://www.enocean.com/en/enocean-li...building-2012/

Google "batteryless switch".

Among others ..

MK Echo series

http://www.mkelectric.com/Documents/...20Brochure.pdf

They have plug sockets in the range.

These have a special requirement before you order any. A large bank

balance. £385 for one 400W switch?

My bad - a typo. Meant to be £85 for one switch! But by the time you add

the controller, etc. you won't be so very far off £385.

--

Rod

Well, I might as well get a low level lighting circuit put in for that amount of money!

Might end up having to do with a remote instead of a switch.