Posted to alt.home.repair
Hench Hench is offline

Default mcculloch electric chainsaw leaks

On 1/5/2013 4:32 PM, Ape wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 15:36:32 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I've heard that used crankcase oil is far worse
than 10w30 new stuff.

For sure, bar and chain oil made for the purpose.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Hench"
wrote in message ...

I used a Stihl 039 for many years, cutting about 40-50 bush cords plus
all the limbs.

Biggest mistake I made was using used Engine Oil for the bar oil.

Cost me about $80 to replace the oil pump alone.

Hmmm

I have an old Gas Stihl that never failed, and that I used to down and
cup up many a firewood tree. It sits on a shelf now. Remind me to be
careful choosing its oil. And its gas so I am told. That is, if I
ever use it again. I am a decrepit senior now.

Cya

The Apeman

I made a mistake in my post. It was 40-50 bush cords a year, not
overall. Must have used that saw 5 or 6 years.

I was always accurate about the gas mixture. was either 40-1 or 32-1,
can't remember but If i ever adjusted that carb once I have forgotten.
Prolly adjusted the idle all of 5 times.

But really careless about bar oil.