Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default Carbide turning tools

"Meanie" wrote in message ...

A coworker of mine who also turns indicates he has a friend in a machine
shop who can make any of those tips for a few bucks. My coworker plans to
stock up on each shape. He said he'll get me some as well.

I've also read the same on this group from those who had a machine shop make
them as well. Maybe they will chime in.
They don't make them, they buy them. Making them takes a lot more
specialized machinery than a machine shop would have. Not cost effective.
That said, the man in the machine shop probably knows that these are
metalworking inserts that can be had for less than half the price the
woodworking places charge. As low a $2.00 to $3.00.