Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Borg Borg is offline

Default OT - Nexus 7 tablet - sold out? X-post

On 05/01/2013 21:57, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 11:00:58 +0000, Mark wrote:

I bought the Galaxy Tab II 10.1 since I thought the screen was a bit
small on the Nexus 7. £238 + £50 cashback :-)

Nice, overall, price, less than I paid for my Tab II 7.0. That was bought
just before the Nexus 7 was released as I wanted something then not if a
week or three... I did handle 10" tablets but found them "unbalanced" in
the hand. The 7" sits nicely in/on the hand in landscape mode, they are
also a little bit lighter. Both things important when using in the hand
for a long period.

I don't find the 7" screen too small, it's fine for web and email and
much better than the 4" or so on my iPAQ.

Not really helpful but

I've just acquired a Motorola Xoom 32 gig.

Funny thing is it has a slot for a SIM card, but I'm sure its just the
Wi-Fi only version. Shame that didn't work. Going to see if a Dongle
works in it.