Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default OT - Hurricane Sandy damage assistance

wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 10:30:05 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 18:44:02 +0000, DA
wrote:

I live not too far from a creek that does swell from time to time,
although it never actually reaches anywhere close to my house, but the
last time it did, the explanation that \"noone is ever safe\" sounded
somewhat reasonable to me.

I suppose there's always Noah.

I live near the very top of a rise, probably 3rd house down, with my
property and driveway sloping down and away to the street.
The nearest creek is 75' below my basement.
Yet I did have a couple of insurance guys tell me that I absolutely need
flood insurance above and beyond coverage from a burst pipe.

I told them that If they could demonstrate recent history of a storm surge
higher than 75', I would buy their insurance.
Oh, and the nearest like is about 1 mile away, and it feeds the creek.

OMG, the lake is higher than the creek, so it might even be above your
head!

LOL
But ONLY if I lie down in the creek.
Which during the fall is easy to do safely.
Spring/summer, you can happily kayak the thing
Fall/winter, is all portage...

If the dam breaks, YOU MIGHT DROWN! Be *very* worried! Buy
the insurance!

ONLY if the water surge from the dam is 80' high does it even have a chance
of coming through my basement door..

Yeah, I think I lost some sleep on this about 14 years ago, when we first
moved into the house
Or maybe that was the baby keeping me awake
Or maybe the dog...
Or not, maybe the snake...
Nope, it was the damn goldfish splashing in the tank...
That was it
That damn goldfish splashing around it's tank gave me nightmares of
being flooded..
Damn goldfish.

snicker